- CALL FOR PAPERS
- 2014 Asian Network for Public Opinion Research Conference
- “Public Opinion Research at Crossroads”
- November 29-30, 2014
- If you have any questions, please contact us : ANPORniigata@gmail.com
The 2014 ANPOR Annual Conference now invites both abstracts and full papers in the area of public opinion research from scholars and professionals. Students’ submissions and their participation in our conference will be greatly welcomed, too. The 2014 ANPOR Annual Conference aims to facilitate interaction and communication among researchers and practitioners who are working in a wide variety of areas with a common interest in improving the content and methodology of public opinion research.
Some session topics are listed below. Additional sessions will likely be created.
Fourteen Big Sessions
- The End of Public Opinion in the Sense of George Gallup? Population-Sampling Theory in Practice
- Social Media and Dividable Persons
- How to Measure to Take Care of Aging Societies in Asia
- Has Public Opinion Research Helped Sustain Representative Democracy in Asia?
- The Future of Family in Asia
- Is Social Capital in Neighborhood Community Critical in Disaster Mitigation?
- Well-Being and Quality of Life in Asia
- Nurturing Norms and Values among Children in Asia
- Eating Habits in Asia
- Self-Sustainable Societies in Asia?
- Perception and Communication of Environmental Risk in Asia
- Health and Demographic Change in Asia
- Health Promotion and Nursing Science
- Gambling Research (joint session with Asian Health Psychology Association)
Submission and Publications
If you have your abstract or paper ready, please submit it on the website. Abstracts should be 200-400 words long in English. Papers should be written in English and 2,000-4,000 words long. There will be poster sessions, too. Abstracts for both oral and poster presentations will be published in the conference proceedings.
If you need an official invitation letter to get a visa, please send us an email at ANPORniigata@gmail.com.
We will send you one as soon as possible after receiving your request.
Toki Messe -Niigata Convention Center- in Niigata, Japan
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: July 31, 2014
- Deadline for Registration: September 30, 2014
- Deadline for Accepted Paper Submission: October 10, 2014
- Conference date: November 29-30, 2014
- Post-conference Tour: December 1, 2014
|ANPOR Member||100.00 USD||150.00 USD|
|Nonmember||150.00 USD||200.00 USD|
|Student||100.00 USD||150.00 USD|
Each complete registration fee includes:
- Admission to all oral & poster sessions
- A printed conference program
- Conference banquet on November 30*
- Lunches on November 29, 30*
- 20 copies of your full paper
- Tutorial session on November 30 - For more details, please see the abstract.
- Post-conference tour : Course A
We also offer other fee-based tours, Course B, C, D. Please see "Travel Info" page.
*You must reserve your place at the banquet, and/or lunches as well as local trip. There is no additional fee, but in order to ensure that the right numbers of meals are prepared, we need to know the number of people who plan to attend these events.
The Asian Network for Public Opinion Research (ANPOR) promotes international cooperation and exchange among academic and commercial researchers, journalists and political actors, as well as the representatives of the different scientific disciplines. It supports and publishes public opinion research in Asia. Currently, ANPOR has members from 13 different Asian countries/regions.
ANPOR started a new publication: the Asian Journal for Public Opinion Research (AJPOR). AJPOR has been being published quarterly online. The first issue was published in August of 2013.
We invite submissions of articles related to public opinion in Asia. Original research on methodology as well as research notes, book reviews, and poll reviews will all be considered. If you are interested in having your paper published in a journal, the Asian Journal of Public Opinion Research is also accepting submissions. Papers should be sent as email attachments to AJPORsubmissions@gmail.com